The perfect pair of jeans.
The holy grail of a man’s casual wardrobe.
Denim can be dressed up…..
…..and worn to pretty much any event short of a black tie gathering.
And even then, wearing black jeans and boots can get you by in certain areas of the Southern US!
So if jeans are so great, why do some men wear jeans that make them look bad?
Why do so many men find it difficult to find the perfect jeans?
- A lack of understanding of what jeans look good on their body
- A lack of suitable styles available when they make the selection
- Confusion about the style details such as weight, wash, and detailing.
Well in this article – we help you solve these issues so you can find the perfect pair!
5 Common Denim Fits Available For Men
Jeans are marked with labels like skinny, slim or straight – these are an indication of the body type the jeans are designed for.
- Skinny – The latest addition to the jeans family, this style is a tighter fit with a tapered leg opening. Generally low to mid-rise with a zipper fly. Skinny from hip to hem.
- Slim – Not too tight, not too loose. Generally mid-rise with a zip fly. Straight through the hip, slim through the thigh with a narrower leg opening.
- Regular – Straight leg jeans, generally with a mid-rise. The trouser leg falls straight from the knee to hem, with a fairly large leg opening. Straight through hip and thigh.
- Relaxed – A loose fit from the waist to the leg opening, a relaxed cut denim is not going to hug any part of your body.
- Loose – A baggy fit. The roomiest fit of jeans, provides plenty of space in the thighs, legs and butt for men who need it.
Apart from picking the style, two other important consideration for purchasing the right denim pants are the rise of the jeans and sizing.
The rise is the measurement from the crotch to the top of the waistband. The basic rises in men’s jeans are – high rise, mid rise, low rise and low crotch.
- High rise jeans are great for bigger guys. It’s best to avoid tucking in your shirt with high rise jeans. Worn above the belly button.
- Medium or mid rise jeans are great for men who prefer to tuck their shirts into their pants. The waistband skims the belly button.
- Low rise jeans offer a casual fit and appear a more relaxed appearance. Worn below the belly button.
- Low crotch jeans are worn low on the waist. These are drop-crotch pants, a style is saggy at the hips, seat, and rear.